Youth Protection And Clearances —not only a BSA requirement but also a Pennsylvania Law!
And they are FREE for volunteers (That's us). When it asks for the organization, just enter "Scouts BSA"
To take Youth Protection Training, use the following link. If you have a BSA Member ID, You will enter it when you create an account. If you do not have an ID, you can (And should) still take the training!
To apply for the clearances, use the following link:
It will take you to a BSA page which explains what you need to do, gives links to the pages you will need to use and to upload them, when you receive them from the state.
If you need help, please ask any leader.
Parents and registered leaders: Please make sure you have obtained your clearances.
It's the law.
- All parents & registered leaders should complete and turn in clearances to our Clearance Coordinator.
- Registered Leaders should also upload them to Laurel Highland Council Website.
- ALL NEW LEADERS AND PARENTS MUST SUBMIT THEM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF JOINING THE TROOP.
- Clearances must be renewed every 5 years.
- They are free for volunteers every 5 years (at the time that you need to renew)
What is the responsibility regarding reporting incidents? From link below PA Child Protection Legislation pdf (information added 7/6/2016) (for more information click and review the link below)